Running a Successful Temp/Contract Desk
NOTE. As you will appreciate, in the current climate we are unable to run any face to face open courses. In the meantime, for details of our online training courses, please click here.
Manage your time & maximise your profits while satisfying both your temps and your clients.
“A good mixture of listen and learn, and interaction. The time went very quickly. I thoroughly enjoyed the course and have recommended RMI to my Directors. I am now looking forward to working through the training videos.”
“This is the second RMI course that I have been on and they have both been excellent. I would have no hesitation in recommending RMI and would love to attend more courses in the future.”
The role of the temp or contract consultant is quite different to that of the permanent recruiter. While both temp/contract & perm recruiters ultimately are sourcing and matching people to jobs and vice versa, for the temp/contract consultant:
- Timescales to deliver are shorter – how can you fill bookings within a matter of minutes rather than days?
- Liability for candidate screening and compliance lies with the recruiter – how do you manage the admin burden?
- Legislative requirements around temp/contract recruitment are more onerous – how can you turn that to your advantage?
- Fee calculations can be more complex – how can you calculate and quote them with confidence?
- Temp/contract recruitment doesn’t end once the candidate starts – how can you manage your talent pool efficiently?
- In a candidate-short market, how can you attract the best candidates to work for you and stay loyal to you rather than your competitors?
At the end of the course, participants will:
- Know how to define their chosen market
- Access a wide range of candidate sources
- Implement an effective candidate registration process and lay the foundations for candidate management
- Know how to take a good quality assignment brief
- Book candidates out on assignment quickly and effectively
- Operate effective quality management processes
- Be able to offer added value services that differentiate their service from other recruiters
- Have a strategy for building the profitability of their temp/contract desk
- Be aware of the legal requirements surrounding running a temp/contract desk – including the difference between PAYE, LCCs and Umbrella workers
- Know how to calculate pay and charge – including the difference between mark-ups and margins
- Understand how to measure their effectiveness
- Appreciate the context of the UK temp and contract market
- Be aware of why clients use temporary resource
- Understand what makes a successful temp/contract desk
Free resources for participants include:
- A factsheet on sources of temp/contract candidates
- A pro forma for candidate interviews
- A sample checklist for managing risk and delivering a great candidate experience
- A sample assignment booking confirmation template
- Ideas for added value services
- A pro forma for taking a good assignment brief
- A factsheet on key legislation
- Example performance metrics template
- Personal Action Plan
Who should attend
This seminar is ideal for recruiters new to the temp/contract market or with up to c18 months experience but with no formal temp/contract process training. Additionally, managers and team leaders who are responsible for training their team in recruitment techniques will gain huge benefit from ‘Running A Successful Temp/Contract Desk’ being broken down into manageable, understandable and measurable chunks. Both temp and contract recruitment are covered during the day, so whether you operate PAYE, LCC or Umbrella models, this course will be relevant for your business.
This course is delivered by Sarah H Gordon. For more information on Sarah, please visit Meet The Team.
9:30am – 5:00pm
£399 + VAT
NOTE. All delegates get a FREE full access subscription for our online training platform ku.dos.
In order to optimise your learning experience, this course is purposely run with small delegate numbers and is generally capped at 12. Book now to avoid disappointment!
Call us for an in-house quotation.