Employment Law For Recruiters
NOTE. As you will appreciate, in the current climate we are unable to run any face to face open courses. In the meantime, for details of our online training courses, please click here.
Protect your business from risk
Have you ever felt overwhelmed by a seemingly never-ending stream of new legislation? (GDPR, anyone?!)
Are you wanting to be a market leading, fully compliant, high quality recruiter, but struggling to find the support you need?
We often hear clients saying things like “I’ve spoken to a lawyer, and I’m sure they are very knowledgeable, but I still don’t really understand what I actually need to do. I don’t think they understand that I just want simple, straightforward, commonsense advice. And I want solutions that won’t get in the way of us doing what we’re best at – making placements and making a profit.”
If that sounds familiar, this course is the one for you.
EAA Regs, AWR, WTR, ERA, IR35, LCC, PSC, EAS, GDPR, GLAA… What do these abbreviations actually mean in practical terms for recruiters on a day to day basis?
And how can you use employment law knowledge and practice to gain competitive advantage and make more money?
This workshop is designed to bring employment law to life – exploring ‘real-life’ scenarios and providing you with practical advice and templates to use in your business.
The trainer on this course is Sarah “H” Gordon – a CIPD qualified Oxford law graduate with over 20 years’ experience in recruitment, who understands that what recruiters need is practical advice from someone who has ‘been there’.
(Sarah successfully implemented processes and procedures that passed an Employment Agency Standards Inspectorate surprise inspection, met the GLA Licensing standards, and consistently achieved ISO 9001:2008 certification with no non-conformances.)
Why should I attend?
‘Employment Law for Recruiters’ is suitable for:
- recruitment business owners holding overall responsibility for compliance
- temporary, contract or permanent consultants who wish to develop their personal brand as an ‘expert recruiter’
- in-house recruiters who work with agencies and want to understand what they should expect from their recruitment partners
This comprehensive course is designed to deliver value for those who are completely new to the subject, but also for those who may have been in recruitment for a number of years who want to make sure they are fully up-to-date with all changes.
The practical tools and handouts that come with the course can be used as a toolkit for new businesses, and a ‘sense-check’ for existing businesses looking to identify areas for improvement.
- What’s the worst that can happen? – the consequences of getting it wrong
- Contracts – contracts of employment/for services, and terms of business
- Employment rights – employees, workers and the self employed
- Recruitment agencies – terms of business, liability
- All the legislation that applies throughout the recruitment cycle:
– Equality & Inclusion
– Screening (including references and DBS checks)
– Record-keeping (including GDPR)
– Offers and acceptances
– Payroll and pensions (including holiday)
– Health & Safety
- Specialist requirements, including:
– Education, Healthcare, etc.
– Transporting Workers
– Younger workers
- How to use employment law to generate more revenue
- Useful sources of further information
This course is delivered by Sarah H Gordon. For more information on Sarah, please visit Meet The Team.
Date and time TBC
£399 + VAT
NOTE. All delegates get a FREE full access subscription for our online training platform ku.dos.
In order to optimise your learning experience, this course is purposely run with small delegate numbers and is generally capped at 12. Book now to avoid disappointment!
How do I book? Please complete the booking form and email email@example.com. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call 0800 0749289/+44 (0)1529 410375 and ask for Ken. Call us for an in-house quotation or email firstname.lastname@example.org .