This time of year usually sees recruiters having to provide figures/targets for the year ahead for their bosses – or bosses providing the recruiter with targeted fees expected for the coming year.
Let’s imagine the figure “agreed” is a 20% increase on the previous year. If you are in that position, what can you do?
Consider a combination of some or all of the following:
- Increase your fee margin by 20% e.g. 15% to 18%.
- Make 20% more calls than your average last year e.g. 60 minutes a day to 72 minutes.
- Move the salaries/hourly rates you work up by 20% e.g. £30k plus to £36k plus.
- Send 20% more CVs out per week e.g. from 10 to 12.
- Work roles with a 20% smaller PSL e.g. 5 on the PSL to 4.
- Give existing profitable accounts 20% more attention and ditch non-profitable ones.
- Increase the number of contacts you have within a client company by 20%.