Meet The Team
Since joining in 2006, Ken’s main focus at Recruitment Matters International has been client liaison, business development & marketing. His responsibilities now include operational management of the business in line with our strategic plan.
- Ken became a management consultant in the mid-90’s, having previously worked in book publishing. One of his achievements while operating as European MD for a major US corporation was to build the business from £1m to a highly profitable £17m in 7 years
- He has an extensive track record in sales and marketing both on and offline including as Marketing Director then Export Sales Director for Mills & Boon
- Ken was for many years an independent marketing consultant covering a variety of industries/niches including international brand licensing, website development and SEO prior to joining RMI
Over 200 years of collective experience
Stewart Stone FCIPD
Management & Leadership
Stewart delivers a number of courses including ‘Introduction To Management’, ‘Inspirational Leadership’ and ‘Candidate Control, Screening & Interview Techniques.’
He is also a coach and business adviser to a number of our key clients.
- Stewart started his recruitment career in 1985 with operational roles with Hays, Harrison Willis and Executive Connections.
- He joined Accountancy Additions (the second largest part of Michael Page International) in 1996 where he was Director of Internal Recruitment and Training until 2007.
- Stewart specialises in management training and leadership development.
- Whilst working to the highest of professional standards, Stewart shuns jargon and looks to understand what his clients really want and aims to exceed their expectations.
Sarah “H” Gordon
Temporary & contract recruitment; Sourcing
Sarah is our resident temporary and contract recruitment training expert and delivers our one day open course on ‘Running A Successful Temp Desk’ as well as ‘Candidate Sourcing’. She also works in-house with our clients on a number of areas including compliance and business development and delivers open course training on setting up and running temp & contract desks.
- Sarah started her recruitment career in 1996 as a temp consultant for Brook Street building industrial and commercial desks, before joining Josephine Sammons where she held a position on the Board of Directors until 2015.
- Throughout her time at JS, she also maintained a ‘hands on’ delivery role (temp & perm), personally generating over £1/2 million per annum.
- Since then she has been delivering training and mentoring to the recruitment sector, helping recruiters grow their business and their professional reputations.
- Sarah is an Oxford law graduate, has achieved a CIPD Post Graduate Diploma in HR Management, and has a particular interest in all things legal and compliance.
Sourcing & Search
As an experienced trainer, Matt predominantly focuses on the search function, therefore delivers candidate sourcing and headhunting training.
- As a marketing graduate, Matt entered the recruitment industry in the late 90’s, working initially with our CEO Warren as a recruitment consultant and then moving to two of the biggest recruiters in the UK, with a focus on senior level appointments using search methodology.
- He is an experienced in-house recruiter with a strong background in setting up and building in-house functions, as well as managing and leading recruitment teams within a blue chip corporate environment.
CEO Recruitment Matters International
Managing Partner The Kemp Consultancy
Owner ku.dos training
Entered the recruitment industry in the early 90’s, setting up and running a boutique executive search firm. Warren founded RMI in 1998 and since then he has become one of the best known trainers, speakers, and advisors within the recruitment sector.
As well as continuing to run occasional retained recruitment assignments, his management consultancy and training work has involved:
- Helping grow a legal recruitment firm from 7 staff to 74, and then selling the company for an 8 figure sum
- Authoring 3 business books
- Working with recruiters from 25 countries worldwide
- Running more headhunting and business development courses than any other trainer around today
- Guest speaker at numerous recruitment industry events
- The author and voice behind ku.dos a 24/7 learning platform
Andrew Carr FCIPD
Learning & Development
Andrew is an award winning learning professional who, for the past 20 years, has worked with a variety of staffing companies across many recruitment sectors advising on and delivering results focused learning programmes.
- For 13 years Andrew was Head of Learning and Development for the Recruitment Employment Confederation (REC). During this time he successfully designed and delivered a comprehensive training and qualifications portfolio for the recruitment sector.
- His more recent practical experience includes developing and delivering the International Orion Academy brand for Orion Group, a major staffing organisation in the engineering and oil and gas sectors.
- Andrew’s training style has been described variously as engaging, passionate, fun, highly interactive and challenging. His philosophy is one of engagement and interaction. He believes that a successful business is one that not only puts customers at the heart of everything they do, but one that dedicates time, effort and energy into developing, supporting and challenging its people.
We at RMI are working in association with Andrew to deliver his two day in-house ‘Proactive Calling – Energiser’ course, as well as providing further training solutions for our clients.
Online advertising & job boards
Michelle delivers our half day open course on ‘Writing Effective Online Job Adverts.’ She is also available to work in-house with our recruitment clients.
- Michelle Davies has spent the last 15 years within the recruitment industry, specialising in online candidate attraction.
- Working closely with the job boards she understands advertising from the candidate, recruiter and job board viewpoint and has formulated a training programme that meets the needs of all three.
- Her training is delivered in a friendly and interactive manner, encouraging consultants to share their experiences as together they produce a template of what a good advert looks like.
Bidding and tender writing
- Proven expertise in writing proposals, tenders and presentations – demonstrated by a 75% business win rate!
- In the last 10 years, Fiona has helped over 230 recruitment agencies win more than 800 proposals, bids, tenders and presentations worth multiple millions.
- A hands-on trainer with a focus on using simple interactive techniques and practical exercises to embed learning and make training fun.
- Committed to helping recruiters use the written word to win more profitable business.
- Tony began his career as a Strategy Consultant in 1996 before creating the niche job board Top-Consultant.com
- In 2012, Tony launched Social-Hire.com. This business evolved into the social media outsourcing company that it is today, exclusively serving clients in the recruitment industry
- Tony has been named by both ERE.net and HRmarketer.com as one of the most influential recruitment industry professionals on Twitter.
Maximising company value
- Alex Arnot is a former board director of Parker Bridge Recruitment where he helped grow the company organically from 18 to over 100 staff, with four international offices in under three years before he exited as part of the company’s eight-figure sale to Poolia.
- In the last 8 years, Alex has advised the owners and boards of several hundred recruitment businesses and has chaired over 1,000 board meetings.
- Today, Alex is a Non-Executive Director advising recruitment companies and specialises in building, implementing and delivering strong growth strategies that deliver accelerated profit and equity value, often with a view to exit for shareholders.
- Sue has over 25 years experience working with a broad range of international corporations including retail, finance, FMCG, manufacturing, service, sporting, finance and recruitment.
- She has held senior management positions in sales & marketing, and has enjoyed public speaking on behalf of well-known brands such as Coca-Cola & McDonald’s.
- As a public speaking coach, Sue has coached executives from a variety of clients across industries such as pharmaceutical, oil & gas, finance, publishing, automotive & recruitment e.g. General Electric, Honeywell, Bristol Myers Squibb, Eaton, Informa, Molex, Marriott Hotels, Mosaic Search & Selection.
- Specific skillset development areas include standing, seated or virtual presentations, telephone skills, and handling Q&A sessions.
Want to join our team?
You will need to be genuinely world-class and add real value to the expertise offered here. Interested? Call Ken on +44 (0)1529 410586 to discuss further.