Attending an open course is not only a highly cost effective way of learning, it also gives you a chance to interact with your peers from other organisations, taking on board their viewpoints and experiences. In order to optimise your learning experience, most of our courses are purposely run with small delegate numbers and are generally capped at 12. Book now to avoid disappointment!
Manage your time & maximise your profits while satisfying both your temps and your clients.
“A good mixture of listen and learn, and interaction. The time went very quickly. I thoroughly enjoyed the course and have recommended RMI to my Directors. I am now looking forward to working through the training videos.”
“This is the second RMI course that I have been on and they have both been excellent. I would have no hesitation in recommending RMI and would love to attend more courses in the future.”
The role of the temp consultant is quite different to that of the permanent recruiter. While both temp & perm recruiters ultimately are sourcing and matching people to jobs and vice versa, for the temp consultant:
- Timescales to deliver are shorter – how can you fill bookings within a matter of minutes rather than days?
- Liability for candidate screening and compliance lies with the recruiter – how do you manage the admin burden?
- Legislative requirements around temp recruitment are more onerous – how can you turn that to your advantage?
- Fee calculations can be more complex – how can you calculate and quote them with confidence?
- Temp recruitment doesn’t end once the candidate starts – how can you manage your talent pool efficiently?
- In a candidate-short market, how can you attract the best candidates to temp for you rather than your competitors?
At the end of the course, participants will:
- Know how to define their chosen market
- Access a wide range of candidate sources
- Implement an effective candidate registration process and lay the foundations for candidate management
- Know how to take a good quality assignment brief
- Book candidates out on assignment quickly and effectively
- Operate effective quality management processes
- Be able to offer added value services that differentiate their service from other recruiters
- Have a strategy for building the profitability of their temp desk
- Be aware of the legal requirements surrounding running a temp desk
- Know how to calculate pay and charge – including the difference between mark-ups and margins
- Understand how to measure their effectiveness
- Appreciate the context of the UK Temps Market
- Be aware of why clients use temps
- Understand what makes a successful temp desk
Free resources for participants include:
- A factsheet on sources of temporary candidates
- A pro forma for candidate interviews
- A sample checklist for temporary take-on
- A sample booking confirmation template
- Ideas for added value services
- A pro forma for taking a good assignment brief
- A factsheet on key legislation
- Suggested performance metrics template
- Personal Action Plan
Who should attend
This seminar is ideal for recruiters new to the temp market or with up to c18 months experience but with no formal temp process training. Additionally, managers and team leaders who are responsible for training their team in recruitment techniques will gain huge benefit from ‘Running A Successful Temp Desk’ being broken down into manageable, understandable and measurable chunks.
This course is delivered by one of our associate trainers, Sarah H Gordon. For more information on Sarah, please visit Meet The Team.
9:30am – 5:00pm
£349 + VAT
NOTE. All delegates get a FREE full access subscription for our online training platform ku.dos
In order to optimise your learning experience, this course is purposely run with small delegate numbers and is generally capped at 12. Book now to avoid disappointment!
How do I book? Please complete the booking form and email, post or fax it to [email protected] or fax number +44 (0)1529 309801. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to call 0800 0749289 / +44 (0)1529 410586 and ask for Julie or Ken.
Call us for an in-house quotation.