Meet The Trainers
Owner & Founder of Recruitment Matters International
Entered the recruitment industry in the early 90’s, setting up and running a boutique executive search firm. Warren founded RMI in 1998 and since then he has become one of the best known trainers, speakers, and advisors within the recruitment sector.
A firm believer in keeping skills up to date, Warren still runs a number of recruitment assignments. In addition he is a mentor and coach to a small number of independent recruitment businesses and is a Mental Health First Aid Instructor via MHFA England. His work has involved:
- Helping grow a legal recruitment firm from 7 staff to 74, and then selling the company for an 8 figure sum
- Authoring 3 business books
- Working with recruiters from 25 countries worldwide
- Author and presenter on a number of platforms including www.kudos.training
- Speaker at numerous recruitment industry events
- Training and equipping c.800 individuals in mental health awareness
Outside of work you will find him fishing at the bank of a river or loch or shouting from the stands at East End Park (home of Dunfermline Athletic FC)
Stewart Stone FCIPD
Trainer: Management & Leadership
Stewart delivers a number of courses including ‘The Billing Manager’, ‘Recruitment 101 – Two Day Introduction To Recruitment’, ‘Interview Skills For Hiring Managers’ and ‘Interview Skills For Recruiters.’
Here is Stewart in a recent Q&A session with Holly:-
- Stewart started his recruitment career in 1985 with operational roles with Hays, Harrison Willis and Executive Connections.
- He joined Accountancy Additions (the second largest part of Michael Page International) in 1996 where he was Director of Internal Recruitment and Training until 2007.
- Stewart specialises in management training and leadership development.
- Whilst working to the highest of professional standards, Stewart shuns jargon and looks to understand what his clients really want and aims to exceed their expectations.
Outside of work you will find him at a Networking Event or running and attending his social gathering “The Curry Club”
Sarah “H” Gordon
Trainer: Sourcing; Business Development; Equality, Diversity & Inclusion; Emotional Intelligence; Legal; Temp/Contracting Recruitment
Courses that Sarah delivers for us include ‘Candidate Sourcing, Screening & Control’, ‘Running A Profitable Temp Desk’, ‘Best Practice – Legislation & Compliance’ and ‘Recruiting For Non-Recruiters.’
Here is Sarah in a recent Q&A session with Holly:-
- Sarah started her recruitment career in 1996 as a temp consultant for Brook Street building industrial and commercial desks, before joining Josephine Sammons where she held a position on the Board of Directors until 2015.
- Throughout her time at JS, she also maintained a ‘hands on’ delivery role (temp & perm), personally generating over £1/2 million per annum.
- Since then she has been delivering training and mentoring to the recruitment sector, helping recruiters grow their business and their professional reputations.
- Sarah is an Oxford law graduate, has achieved a CIPD Post Graduate Diploma in HR Management, and has a particular interest in all things legal and compliance.
Outside of work you will find her performing at a Amateur Dramatic Show or singing it “her way” at a karaoke bar.
In-House Talent Acquisition SME/Consultant
Neil’s 20-year career in Corporate HR, specialising in Talent Acquisition, has spanned a number of industries including:
- Financial Services,
He has built and developed a number of in-house talent acquisition teams and has experience across the full recruiting lifecycle. From building employee value propositions for FTSE 100 business to designing best-in-class assessment and selection processes, he has a genuine passion for the importance of talent acquisition as the gateway to the organisation and major factor in its future success.
Outside of work you’ll find him thrashing his guitar in a punk rock band or tinkering in the kitchen with his spice collection to achieve the ultimate curry.
Want to join our team?
You will need to be genuinely world-class and add real value to the expertise offered here. Interested? Call +44 (0)203 910 6627 to discuss further.